My flickr pictures
gomattolson...

Thursday, March 23, 2006

"Just two fingers"

My sister was flying from Hawaii to Norway -- you know, you're typical flight -- and had a 13 hour layover in Atlanta. I picked her up from the airport and we went to the new Georgia Aquarium, the largest aquarium in the world.

After pushing a few kids aside, we got to touch cownose rays (slimy), bonnethead sharks (rubbery), starfish (squishy), and shrimp (they felt like shrimp).

But my favorite part of the aquarium was going through the "Ocean Voyager" exhibit -- home to whale sharks and tens of thousands of other species of fish, all living happily (or at least I hope so) in 6 million gallons of water. The exhibit consisted of a cool acrylic underwater tunnel, as well as a massive viewing window 23ft x 61ft large for prime fish watching. If it wasn't so crowded, I could have sat in front of that window for hours.

You can see pictures from our underwater adventure here.

No comments: