My flickr pictures
gomattolson...

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Dunn Bros + Free WiFi = Me

I don't have internet at home (yet), so I'm forced to actually get out of the house and "interact" with others in order to get on the dot com. I went to the Dunn Bros Coffee cafe down on Hennepin in Uptown. I recalled there was free wi-fi, and I was right.

I was a little apprehensive about not living in a downtown-ish area, but I think it will be ok. Uptown is just a few minutes away, and on a decent day like today I'm thinking I should dig down deep into my European roots and bike here and actually get some exercise.

My only other comment for the day is that I changed my Flickr presence. First of all I went pro -- which means no more uploading limits. I suppose it's not the end of the world to actually pay for something I really enjoy and use a lot. Furthermore, I followed Brad's lead once again and decided to setup a Creative Commons license on my Flickr photos. I think it is cool how a number of his pictures have been used -- one I believe was for a CD jacket. The only stipulation is that credit is given to the copyright holder. I figure I'm not making any money off of my picts anyhow, so I might as well share with the world, right? Perhaps this will be my first step towards a spread in National Geographic.

No comments: