My flickr pictures
gomattolson...

Thursday, November 08, 2007

1987 Never Felt so Cool

I don't know much about 1987.

I was more concerned about making the perfect fort and finding Chewbaca's missing arm than the terrible fashion trends plaguing our nation. Music was a mystery to me, minus my beloved Duran Duran tape (I rule!).

Now when I think of 80's music, the first thoughts to cross my mind are synthesizers, tight pants, and more cowbell.

So, as you can imagine, I was shocked when I recently realized that 1987 put out one of the greatest albums of all time -- U2's The Joshua Tree. What's that you say? But it's still relevant today? I know -- that what makes it so amazing. Not only does it rock your face off (Bullet the Blue Sky), but it also makes you think (I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For).

To commemorate this monumental album (AND to make more money for their new skyscraper), U2 just released a special 2 CD + 1 DVD "Limited Edition Super Deluxe" version of The Joshua Tree.

Bono for President.

No comments: