My flickr pictures
gomattolson...

Sunday, April 06, 2008

China, Our Travels

Most Americans, myself included, are not up to par on Chinese geography. Heck, most Americans would fail a 50 state test. So that's why I've put together a Google Map (have I mentioned before how much I love Google?) of our trip, and highlighted the various modes of transportation in different colors.

And speaking of modes of transportation, they were as diverse as the scenery. We traveled by:

  • Airplane
  • Train
  • Bus
  • Mini bus
  • Subway
  • Taxi
  • Boat
  • Personal car (it was a new Fiat)
  • Bicycle
  • Pseudo bicycle rickshaw
  • Foot
  • Zipline
Our path of travel, as it may not be apparent on the map:

  • Flew into Beijing
  • Overnight train to Xi'an
  • Flight to Guilin
  • Boat to Yangshuo
  • Bus back to Guilin
  • Flight back to Beijing



View Larger Map

No comments: