My flickr pictures
gomattolson...

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

So Much to Say

I've been busy lately. Too busy to post. I think this is as much for me to help remember and record my life as it is to share my experiences.

April 5th - I got to see Death Cab for Cutie at The Tabernacle. I've been meaning to go to the Tabernacle for the longest time. It was a great show and a great venue. Thank you Lauren.

April 6th - An anniversary date to The Sun Dial on top of the Westin (the tallest hotel in the Western Hemisphere according to the website--could that possibly be true?) in downtown Atlanta for the Turner First Thursday Artwalk event. The Sun Dial is a revolving restaurant and bar that every first Thursday of the month is host to a free art exhibit. The best part? Free finger food. The downer? Looks like they cut out the free martinis -- Sunny, you left just in time...

April 8th-10th - Lauren and I drove down to Savannah for the weekend. I loved Savannah. It is such a charming town rich with history and filled with so many squares (read: parks) and great old homes. One of the highlights was seeing the park where Forrest Gump sat patiently waiting for a bus.

April 11th - Music trivia at Angel. We could have used you Addie, Sunny, and MDN.

April 12th - Dinner at Gladys Knight and Ron Winans Chicken and Waffles. I kid you not. We decided to visit this Atlanta treasure for dinner, and we were not disappointed. The fried chicken was succulent, the waffles were moist, the grits were gritty, and the peach cobbler was a nice finish. I really am going to miss the south.

No comments: