My flickr pictures
gomattolson...

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Ladies and Gentlemen, Stuart Davis

Last week my friend Jason (or you can call him Steve or Jo Jo - whichever you prefer, he doesn't mind) and I went to the Varsity Theater in Dinkytown, Minneapolis to see a Stuart Davis show. It was his CD release party, so we knew a lot of new music would be mixed into the set.

It was a decent show but turned to great when, with four songs left to go, Stuart invited the crowd up on stage with him. He played his more up-beat songs and the crowd (especially those on the stage which he lovingly called the "Minneapolis Tabernacle Choir") went nuts. One of the randoms up on stage even grabbed a cowbell and started playing along. It was a perfect more cowbell moment.

I was happy to discover the Varsity Theater -- my new favorite venue in the cities, and I was happy that spleenboy from Flickr was there to take pictures of the show.

No comments: