My flickr pictures
gomattolson...

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I've Got a Fever, and the Only Prescription is More Cowbell

I recently watched the SNL Tribute to Will Farrell DVD. Included was that wonderful "More cowbell" Blue Oyster Cult skit, as well as a portion of his audition with SNL (I really wonder if it was his actual audition?). Anyway, I think Will Farrell is a genius. I love it when he does something so absolutely ridiculous that the rest of the cast can't stop/hide their laughter, yet Will looks perfectly serious.

On a side note, I went to the DMV today to get a shiny new Minnesota driver's license. My favorite part was a sign on the wall that said something like, "In order to server you better, this DMV will not tolerate any profanity, swearing, or violence." I was really disappointed -- I remember the good ol' days when profanity and violence went hand-in-hand with drivers education. It's just not the same anymore.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt,

I got that DVD from Target for $5 or $6 this past January, and absolutely love it. After watching the entire DVD once, there are only about 4 or 5 skits I watch consistently, plus the one when Will is on the Conan O'Brien show pretending to be Robert Goulet. I watch that one over and over, and think it is SO funny, like when he talks to Conan like he is Johnny Carson. Afterward I walk around shouting out "Goulet" to no one in particular, just like Will. Now I'm going to have to watch it again tonight!

Mike

Anonymous said...

Hate to tear you down on this, but I believe it should read the only "prescription" is more cowbell?

Correct me if I'm wrong here (it happens frequently).

gomattolson said...

Good catch Sunny. I see you truly believe in more cowbell. I will have to change my header. My apologies.