My flickr pictures
gomattolson...

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Running from the Ritz

The Ritz is awesome. I think I can easily say that my room had the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in (minus the surprisingly dream-like beds that rest above the Essen Haus in Madison, WI). Despite the luxury, I woke up early this morning to get outside for a run.

I started out across the street and ran through Battery Park, passing a line of tourists waiting to purchase their ferry tickets to visit the Statue of Liberty, then headed up along the well-manicured park that hugs the Hudson River. Surrounded by other morning runners, dog walkers, and Wall Street pit workers smoking their morning's final cigarettes, I couldn't help but feel the energy of the city and wondered what life would be like in Manhattan.

Back at the hotel, a "For our morning runners" sign rested on the entryway table and was stocked full of chilled Vitamin Water and towels. Small perk, but much appreciated and thoughtful. I guess it's that attention to detail that sets the Ritz apart from the competition.

No comments: