My flickr pictures
gomattolson...

Friday, June 02, 2006

Georgia On My Mind

The Georgia Department of Motor Vehicles sucks. Let me tell you why.

First off, registering my car in Georgia 2 years ago was painful to say the least. An emissions test, driver’s license, passport, current car title, and a utility bill with my address on it were apparently not enough for the elitist state known as “The Dirty South”.

They wanted proof that I left my previous state of residence. I couldn’t believe it.

I just registered my car in Minnesota yesterday. It took 5 minutes. The guy working the counter even filled out the form for me.

And now, I find out that I can’t just cancel my old Georgia auto insurance. I need to first cancel my Georgia registration; otherwise, I will get fined for having a registered vehicle with no insurance. I thought a phone call would do the trick. Maybe give them my social security number or something. How naive. They wanted me to fill out an affidavit, have it notarized, and then mail it to them. I wanted to punch someone. Guess I need to join an underground fight club or something.

No comments: