My flickr pictures
gomattolson...

Monday, December 04, 2006

Posture King

I flew down to Atlanta this past weekend to visit Lauren and go to her company's holiday party. She's not joking when she says they could film her workplace for NBC's The Office. I won't get into it -- it could be an entire blog in itself. (hint, hint)

Anyway, Lauren sent me a photo taken of us at the holiday dinner, and I couldn't help but notice my terrible posture. That motivated me to sit as upright as possible for the rest of the workday. I was going to make all the yogis out there proud.

I lasted 9 minutes, and then started to complain. It was pathetic. Can my back and ab muscles be that weak? I'm going to attempt to sit perfectly upright (without using the back rest) for the remainder of the week. I wonder if I can even make it one day. Any bets? Anyone willing to compete?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in! I tried to compete against you yesterday, though, and failed...I have hope, though!

Brad said...

i've contemplated getting one of those big exercise balls to sit on, which forces you to have good posture...

Bobby said...

i saw you throw a disc golf disc... ill agree you're weak!!!

but the exercise ball thing is a good idea... try it... i give you 30 minutes before you can't handle it and collapse...

gomattolson said...

Oh, I see Bob. You get your first ace (albeit a pretty sweet one), and now the trash talk comes out.

But who am I kidding? I did throw like a little girl. It was a disgrace to The Old Course. Looks like I need to change my workout routine.