My flickr pictures
gomattolson...

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Rebate This, Sucka

You may recall that I purchased a new phone recently. One of the main reasons I picked the w810i was because after rebates it was free.

I've seen some convoluted rebate schemes before, but Cingular/Sony Ericsson took things to a whole new level.

Rebate 1:
Clip this, fill out that, send it in. Not too bad. I can handle it.

Rebate 2:
Copy of this, a copy of that, and a copy of my 4th wireless bill. All of which can not be sent in earlier than 120 days from phone activation, but no later than 180 days.

Rebate 3:
Same as Rebate 2, but this one needs a wireless bill dated 150 days or more after activation, but no later than 210 days.

Are you kidding me? I need to go out and buy a calendar to figure out when to send in my rebates? Good thing I'm cheap, because you better believe I'm going to put some reminders on my work calendar. This sort of task would be perfect for a personal assistant/intern. Any takers?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I got my RAZR through Cingular I knew there was a rebate but I could have sworn that I never got any details via mail. I called them up later and the guy basically said that it's too late for the $50 rebate, but that he could just credit my account $50 instead. I was shocked at how easy that was. You might want to look into it.