My flickr pictures
gomattolson...

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Awards

There has been lots of awards talk floating around, and so I thought I'd share my 2 cents and give some awards myself...

  • What: The Catcher in the Rye
  • Award: A Ham and Cheese Sandwich
  • Why: It's not my favorite by any means, but it's not too bad either, while some people think it's the best thing ever.

  • What: The Godfather
  • Award: A tobacco pipe (and smoking jacket for style)
  • Why: A classic. Even though the contents are bad and I wouldn't smoke one, I have to admit I like the smell. I found myself rooting for the Corleone family -- even concerned for them -- although in the end they are still a bunch of mafia guys.

  • What: The Terminator
  • Award: An Atari 2600
  • Why: It was super cool when it came out. So the graphics, music, and design might be a little dated...but it's still really cool.

  • What: Michael David Seven Deadly Zins
  • Award: A bottle of Michael David Seven Deadly Zins
  • Why: I brought it to a party and was an instant hit. We all wanted more. A great red wine that even non-red wine drinkers would probably like.

  • What: Barry and Colin's Dinner Party (and the food)
  • Award: Ancho Chile Chocolate Flan Brulee
  • Why: Both are vegetarian. Both took a lot of creativity and effort. The end result in each were very happy taste buds.

No comments: