My flickr pictures
gomattolson...

Thursday, May 18, 2006

I Heart Ted Drewes

Friday, May 12th:

No trip to St. Louis would be complete without 2 things:
  1. The Arch
  2. Ted Drewes

And in terms of pure enjoyment, Ted Drewes wins. Don't get my wrong, the Arch was cool. But the Arch doesn't melt in your mouth.

The best part about the Arch was outside looking at it (and jumping in front of it, naturally). Going up was a must, but it wasn't all that special. You have to ride up in a tiny claustrophobic capsule that feels more like an amusement park ride than an elevator. It was a little sketch to say the least.

At Ted Drewes I got a cardinal sundae (tart cherries with hot fudge over their vanilla custard) in a little plastic Cardinals baseball helmet. It was my favorite ice cream-ish experience of all time. Hands down. Now that's saying something.

No comments: