My flickr pictures
gomattolson...

Monday, December 05, 2005

Chateau Elan

Lauren's company's Christmas party was held this past Saturday at Chateau Elan, a quaint winery and resort about 40 miles north of Atlanta. The visit started off with what would turn out to be the best part -- a trip to the spa for a back and shoulder massage. It was my first time at a spa, and I absolutely loved it.

The men's room was decked out with a leather couch and big screen tv, steam room, sauna, and some sweet showers. The massage was excellent, and I couldn't believe it when my 30 minutes was already up. At this point, all I wanted was a nap, but dinner called.

Lauren's company is small, and the dynamic is definitely strange to say the least. I feel like NBC's "The Office" (which I love by the way) could film her company next season if they wanted to do a reality-tv version. I've never seen so many adults drink and yell so much while playing a basic dice game, Left Center Right. The one bonus from the party was that I walked away with an extra $40 in my pocket after a Texas-holdem game. God bless those marketing researchers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know that JCO is reading your blog. Very interesting!!

gomattolson said...

Glad to hear it JCO. I'm assuming this is also the JCO that is a tail-gaiting master and gardener extraordinaire...

Anonymous said...

You are correct with the JCO, just call me Mr. Extraordinaire!!